Things your man definitely wants to hear

Things your man definitely wants to hear


Men need praise and appreciation just as much as women do. Here are a few examples of compliments that your man would love to hear more often.

Good men are out there but they are not easy to find. So, if you have a wonderful man in your life, I hope you are treating him in a way that lets him know you feel happy and lucky to share your life with a decent partner.

It’s so easy to take someone for granted – saying ‘I love you’ five times a day, means nothing if your actions don’t match your words.

You need to be doing and saying so much more than ‘I love you’.


Think about how awesome it feels when you receive affirmation / compliments from your significant other.

I don’t know about you, but when my boyfriend says something like “I don’t know what I would do without you” or, “You are an amazing person” – I am on a high for days!


Let your man know when he looks good.
Who does not like to know that their partner finds them attractive?

As women, we tend to get the lion’s share of verbal praise, but men need it too! They are human, and you can bet that they also have their moments of insecurity when it comes to their appearance.


When you think he’s looking fine, speak on up woman!

“You look so hot in those jeans!”

“Wow, that suit looks amazing on you!”

“Love how you look when you’ve just got out the shower, you sexy thing!”


Recognise the effort he puts into your relationship


Don’t take your partner for granted. Notice and show appreciation for all the little and big things he does for you.

“Thank you for washing the dishes, you are the best!”

“I love that you bring me coffee in bed every day. Thank you!”

“You are so good to me.”


Does he know that you believe in him?


Letting your man know that you support him and believe in him is so important.

“I am so proud of you!”

“I love how driven you are.”

“I know you will achieve anything you put your mind to.”

Not so hard to do, ay ladies?


(by Debbie Harrower) - all4women. South Africa’s #1 online women’s magazine.