Magufuli: Allow me to be your servant


John Magufuli addresses a public rally at Jamhuri Stadium in Dodoma
CCM presidential candidate John Magufuli addresses a public rally at Jamhuri Stadium in Dodoma

Dodoma. CCM’s presidential candidate, Dr John Pombe Magufuli, said in his acceptance speech in Dodoma yesterday that he is set to be a servant of the people.

Dr Magufuli, 56, spoke of the overwhelming feeling he had to contend with since Saturday night when it dawned on him that he would be the chosen candidate to succeed President Jakaya Kikwete.

I have nothing with which to pay you back; let me just thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing faith in me and entrusting this huge responsibility with me,” said Dr Magufuli, as he expressed his appreciation of CCM officials and members for their near unanimous endorsement of him as the incumbent party’s flag bearer in the elections.

Today is a historic day for CCM and for me as an individual. On Saturday when I asked for your vote, I said I wanted you to send me out to work. I pledge now that I will be your servant. I will work with dedication and all my ability as blessed by God,” he told an ecstatic crowd, including President Kikwete who cheered him along.


Continue To Read more: HERE