Jordan Henderson Officially Appointed as captain of Liverpool

Jordan Henderson Officially Appointed as captain of Liverpool
Jordan Henderson Officially Appointed as captain of Liverpool

Jordan Henderson has today been officially confirmed as Liverpool ‘s new captain, taking over from Steven Gerrard who left at the end of last season.

“I’m absolutely delighted and proud. It is a great honour and a huge privilege to be named as the captain of this football club,” Henderson told Liverpool’s official website.

“When Steven Gerrard wasn’t in the team last season, I tried to do the best I could when I stepped in and took the armband. Now I’ll be looking to carry that on and continue to grow as a captain.

“I’ll look to give my best all of the time, put the team firmly first and try to give them – or help them with – whatever they need from me.”

Henderson, who arrived at Anfield in June 2011from Sunderland in a deal worth around £20 million, has made 186 appearances for Liverpool.

Advertisement — Continue reading below


Steven Gerrard captained the Anfield club for 12 years, lifting Champions League trophy in 2005.




Share This with your friends and let them know About BONGOTODAY.COM

Follow us on Twitter (@Bongotoday) and LIKE our Facebook Page BONGO TODAY for more awesome stuff on Tanzania Entertainment News , Music Downloads, Celebrity Gossip, Uchaguzi 2015, Fashion and Life Style and More