Ronaldo wins Ballon d'Or for the second year in a row


Real Madrid striker,  Cristiano Ronaldo has been named world footballer of the year after winning the Ballon d'Or for the second year in a row.

The Portugal captain wins Ballon d’Or over Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.

Nadine Kessler , who plays for Wolfsburg and Germany midfielder was named women's player of the year, while Colombian James Rodriguez won goal of the year award.
Germany's World Cup winner, Joachim Low won men's coach of the year.


This is what the Real Madrid superstar said on his acceptance speech

 'I can see my mother, my family. I would like to thank all those who voted for me. My coach, my fellow player, the President of my club.

'It's been an unforgettable year. To win this trophy, a trophy of this kind, is something unique and all I can say is I want to continue working as I have so far, trying to go on to more titles - individual and as a team - for my mother, my father who is up there looking at there any my son.

'I want to get better as the days go by. I want to say to all the Portuguese that I never thought I could win this trophy on three different occasions. Of course it is something that is always with me, I want to become one of the greatest players of all time, and this requires a lot so I would like to thank you for all this evening. BOOM!
'



FIFA has also released the Vote percentages, here is the breakdown of all the votes. And it wasn't even close...

Cristiano Ronaldo: 37.66%
Lionel Messi: 15.76%
Manuel Neuer: 15.72%.


Photo Credit: Getty Images and AFP