Huessein Idd, an Information technology graduate selling electronics online with Kaymu


Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, January 5th 2015 - He goes by the name of Hussein Idd, an Information technology graduate at Learn IT. His passion for IT did not end at university level; it went all the way to opening a business in the year 2010: Jay's Infonet Solutions, where he sells electronics and accessories such as laptops, cell-phones, hard drives, flash disks, etc.

Today, Hussein sells his electronics and other accessories through Kaymu, a company he feels that can help other people like himself.

“I decided to do business online first with the influence of Kaymu, after brainstorming with my closest friends I felt there was a need to also serve people who weren't able to shop physically - either they are too busy or they simply enjoy buying online with the items being delivered to their home without the trouble to come all the way to the shop, so the only way to do this was to sell online.”

Hussein explains how selling online can save time and money, and how it can help buyers and sellers in a very positive way, and offer safe and convenient payment solutions.

“Kaymu helped me move to a different level in terms of business growth, and it’s given me the chance to do that without a lot of effort or investment,” Hussein continues. “You should just put thought into what you want to sell on Kaymu - especially fast moving products that people use on a daily basis, that’s really important but I’m convinced that if you have the right product, selling on Kaymu can work wonders for your business.”


He describes his first meeting with Kaymu where a company representative came to his office and explained how the platform worked." I was actually surprised when they first started talking about Kaymu because I never thought any company in Tanzania could offer this kind of platform." He continues, "I did not hesitate joining because I fully understood what kind of impact it could bring to my business."

With internet access becoming more affordable and faster, e-commerce in Tanzania has grown dramatically over the past two years.

"It has been very positive since I established myself and it proved to be successful as my sales increased and I became well known in this platform . It's an interesting adventure I'm taking and really looking forward to bringing in variety of other electronics and services in the near future."

He describes e-commerce as Tanzania's future of which he is proud to be part of. He says " I'm happy to be one of the few in the country who will proudly lead the line towards bridging the digital divide in Tanzania", as the economy continues to grow technology grows as well, the dependence rate on traditional retail will eventually drop immensely.
He concludes by explaining how he forecasts his business will eventually be in the next 5 years. He feels that with the help of using the Kaymu platform his business will dramatically grow, "I see my business going to new heights, this industry is on the rise and I want my shop to be one of the best that's ever been in this marketplace.”